Welcome to our blog!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Costa Rica Zip Line in the Clouds at Monteverde


Costa Rica is a country of extremes, one day at the base of a volcano, fishing for Machaca in the Arenal Lake, the next I'm in Monteverde in the cloud forest, after having traversed 6 hours of the worse roads I've ever seen in my life, but forgetting it all when I'm on a zip line above the forest floor, flying through the mist, and from there to the black sand beaches of Jaco.

It really is a marvelous country.

Here, a pic of moi in the Monteverde Cloud Forest on the zip line. I particularly liked this one. 17 zip lines, some extremely long, going through the clouds... magical experience. But, it was COLD (as you can tell by my red nose).

Back to work tomorrow, at my temporary office in San Jose. But until then, I'll enjoy the sunset in Jaco. :-)

--R.

No comments:

Post a Comment